Question: How much does a driveway cost?
Answer: It depends.
A driveway has two purposes:
- Provide an easy way to access the home
- Add curb appeal
Driveways receive a lot of wear and tear but are well worth their value. Pricing for compares in price and material. It’s possible to add a driveway through the DIY route. Yet, professional services offer benefits to turn this next project into an eye-catching, practical addition.
Let’s take a look at the basics first…
How Much Does a Driveway Cost? Start with Materials
The total cost of the driveway depends on the crew and materials. A two to five-man crew is typical for these projects. Their expertise will also give access to the various materials used in the construction of driveways.
These common materials include:
A basic, two-car concrete driveway costs $3,040 which amounts to $4.99 on average per foot. Asphalt, a secondary, popular choice, equates to $3-$4 per foot. While gravel comes in low at a typical $1,470 for similar coverage.
Pavers and brick/cobblestone are an expensive but beautiful choice for driveway materials. Pavers run the range of $4,750 but can mix-and-match with other materials to add new designs and reduce costs.
Brick/cobblestone is the cheaper of these options while retaining the attractive aesthetics at around $1,380 for a similar job.
- Expect a low-end of $1,300-$1,500 for gravel and brick
- Expect a mid-range of $3,000 – $4,000 with concrete and asphalt
- Expect a high-end of ~$5,000+ for pavers
Which is best for the home?
That’ depends on whether the pros outweigh the cons.
The Pros & Cons of Each Driveway Material
The material used will come at different grades and quality.
On average one could expect their driveway to remain intact for 20+ years though better materials could become legacy. It also depends on if regular maintenance is conducted.
- Pros: High durability and easy to construct
- Cons: Weathering/exposure causing cracks and difficulty repairing
- Pros: Low price and quick to set
- Cons: Low durability (avg. 20-year lifespan) that needs regular resealing
- Pros: Endless styles and easy to maintain
- Cons: Shifts around and requires regular maintenance
- Pros: Extremely durable and elegant
- Cons: High price of materials and cost of landscaping to accommodate
- Pros: Varieties in design, colors, and options
- Cons: Labor intensive and requires regular sealing & washing
Want the inside scoop on how much does a driveway cost? Read our secret report to learn 7 insider secrets before hiring a concrete contractor.
Extra Features and Considerations
There is a baseline cost of labor and materials which complete the budget and project. What are the extras that aren’t always included in the pricing?
- Taxes and fees
- Land clearing and site preparation
- Slopes, curves, and angles of the design
- Runoff for proper drainage
There are decorative effects that could add to the costs such as inlaid designs, color combinations, and etching. The choices are endless — talk to the professionals to see the options available.
Ready to Lay the Foundation?
Saint Louis Driveway & Patio has been in a family-owned business operational since 2007. We commit to providing the most beautiful concrete driveways for what money can offer. We believe our work is reflective of ones’ vision and aim to deliver exceptional results.
Call us toll-free at (314) 825-6162 or get in touch through email at Info@SaintLouisDriveway.com to receive a free estimate!